Recipe by karieja
"Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry" This recipe uses traditional macaroni and cheese processes, but elevates it to a new level. Pepper bacon and pepper jack cheese turn this kids favorite into an adult indulgence. Lining the dish completely with Reynolds Wrap® allows for an easy clean up once this cheesy dish is devoured.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 lb pepper bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is almost done cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Quickly stir in cream and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni. Gently stir macaroni and bacon bits into cheese sauce. Pour into a completely Reynolds Wrap® Foil lined 2-quart casserole to ensure no mess afterwards!
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small frying pan. Toast breadcrumbs and almonds in butter and sprinkle on top.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until bubbly.