Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from "The great Canadian cookbook" -a celebration of great Canadian cooking- I am not sure if it is authentic or anything like that. I just know it sounds like it would be yummy. I have not tried these yet. It does not come with a pastry recipe, nor does it give an amount for Jam. I am guessing here.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 cup raspberry jam or 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly butter about 36 tart tins 3" in diameter, and line with pastry. Spread jam in bottom of each tart shell, about 1/4" in depth.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk (or water).
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon of batter on top of jam in tart shell.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and pastry is cooked.