Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Interesting ingredients for an interesting recipe from Carolyn at AllRecipes. Try other cake flavors, as well as different kinds of jam flavors. This recipe calls for dough for a double crust pie. You can either use your own pie crust recipe, or from a mix, for those who may be intimidated by a pie crust. Feel free to use other kinds of jams and cake mixes.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix
For cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) pie crust mix, to make 2 crusts
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 2 cups strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare cake mix: to the cake mix, add the water, oil and eggs and mix for 30 seconds at low speed to combine the ingredients. Then mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Prepare pie crust: Combine both packets of pie crust mix with 1/3 Cup cold water until pastry forms a ball. Flatten, then roll out on lightly floured surface.
- Using a round cutter or glass, cut 24 rounds in crust to fit in bottom of 24 muffin tins.
- Place dough circles in bottom of muffin tins.
- Top each circle with 1 tablespoons of jam.
- Pour cake batter over jam so that cups are 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven till cake springs back when touched, 18 to 25 minute.
- Let cool 10 minute in pans before removing to wire rack to cool completely.