1/1 Photo of Bakewell Pudding
A buttery mixture, flavoured with ground almonds and baked in a light flaky pastry case, is the basis of this traditional Derbyshire recipe, sometimes known as Bakewell tart, the origin of which is secret to this day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C/ 400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
- 2Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line a 900 ml (30 fluid ounces) shallow pie dish.
- 3Knock up the edge of the pastry with the back of a knife.
- 4Mark the rim with the prongs of a fork.
- 5Brush the jam over the base; chill in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- 6Beat the almonds with the sugar, butter, eggs and almond extract.
- 7Pour the filling over the jam and spread it evenly.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is set.
- 9Serve warm or cold with fresh cream or custard.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakewell Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.9
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 188.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g