Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I used to make this alot when my sons were small. Sometimes even for dinner. The adults often have salsa on the side to kick it up a bit. It's very versatile and can be varied in many ways.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 precooked turkey sausage, diced (or equal amounts of ham or bacon)
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oven to 400^F.
- Scrub the potatoes and pierce with a fork.
- Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Cut each potato in half and carefully scoop the potato into a bowl, mash with butter, cheese and enough milk to soften the mixture a little.
- Fold in the sausage.
- Spoon mixture back into potato halves.
- Create a depression in each large enough to hold an egg.
- Break 1 egg into each depression.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes until set.
I loved the potato mixture, but really didn't care for the egg inside. I would much rather just eat twice baked potatoes minus the egg. The rest of my family feels the same. Sorry.