This cake taste just like the ones at your bakery, it is so moist! Frost it with you favorite butter cream frosting. For this use 1/2-cup each butter, oil and shortening only no changes please! See my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) for greasing pans
My Private Note
layer c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease three 9-inch round cake pans (if desired line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper).
- 3In a bowl combine the buttermilk with baking soda; let stand while preparing the next steps.
- 4In a large bowl cream sugar with butter, oil and shortening until well combined (no sugar granules should remain).
- 5Add in egg yolks, almond extract and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 6Add in the buttermilk mixture alternately with the flour into the creamed mixture.
- 7In a large glass or stainless steel mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 8Fold 1/3 of the whites into the creamed batter until blended, then fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- 9Divide the batter between the three pans.
- 10Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cakes test done.
- 11Cool in pans for 15 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakery Three Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1844.7
- Calories from Fat 973
- Total Fat 108.1 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 336.3 mg
- Sodium 808.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 202.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 138.2 g
- Protein 19.6 g