This cake taste just like the ones at your bakery, it is so moist! Frost it with you favorite butter cream frosting. For this use 1/2-cup each butter, oil and shortening only no changes please! See my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) for greasing pans
My Private Note
layer c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease three 9-inch round cake pans (if desired line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper).
- 3In a bowl combine the buttermilk with baking soda; let stand while preparing the next steps.
- 4In a large bowl cream sugar with butter, oil and shortening until well combined (no sugar granules should remain).
- 5Add in egg yolks, almond extract and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 6Add in the buttermilk mixture alternately with the flour into the creamed mixture.
- 7In a large glass or stainless steel mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 8Fold 1/3 of the whites into the creamed batter until blended, then fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- 9Divide the batter between the three pans.
- 10Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cakes test done.
- 11Cool in pans for 15 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakery Three Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1844.7
- Calories from Fat 973
- Total Fat 108.1 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 336.3 mg
- Sodium 808.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 202.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 138.2 g
- Protein 19.6 g