1/6 Photos of Bakery-Style Upside-Down Hawaiian Pineapple Muffins
You may use fresh pineapple in place of canned, or use pineapple rings, diced into small pieces, also add in some chopped macadamia nuts or walnuts to the muffin batter if desired. These muffins are best served warm, also they freeze very well, make certain to generously grease the bottom of each muffin tin to make removing the muffins easier :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 12 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 teaspoons butter
- 12 teaspoons honey
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Place oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 3Generously grease 12 regular-size muffin tins (do not use paper liners for this).
- 4Divide and place the tidbits in the bottom of each muffin tin in a single layer.
- 5Top the pineapple with about 1 tablespoon brown sugar, then 1 teaspoon melted butter, then 1 teaspoon honey; set aside tins while preparing the muffin batter.
- 6To prepare the muffin batter; in a large bowl mix together flour with bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 7Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar until blended (can use less brown sugar if desired).
- 8In a medium bowl whisk egg with buttermilk, oil, vanilla and 3 tablespoons honey; pour into the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- 9Divide and spoon batter into muffin cups on top of the pineapple mixture (fill almost to the top).
- 10Place the muffin tins on baking sheet to catch any spills.
- 11Bake for about 25 minutes, or until muffins test done.
- 12Cool muffins in tins for 5 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile place a large piece of wax paper onto a cooling rack to catch any spills.
- 14Turn muffins out onto cooling rack upside down and remove from pan/s.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakery-Style Upside-Down Hawaiian Pineapple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 316.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g