Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Found this on a baking web-site. Haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds wonderful:)
Top Review by daynacourtney
I fix these all of the time--they are great! What I do with the topping is cut the butter down to 1/2 cup and that makes the topping a little lighter--all of that butter in there makes it really heavy--and it still ends up with a great, yummy-buttery topping! These can't be beat!
- 2 1⁄2 cups pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 7 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated lemons, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE MUFFINS: Grease or line 24 regular-size muffin cups with paper wrappers.
- Place the pastry flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, and lemon extract in a large bowl; stir together well.
- Add the eggs and melted butter; blend just until combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that all ingredients are mixed.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, slowly blend in the milk; mix for about 5 minutes.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to measure out the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- MAKE THE CRUMBS: Using your hands, blend together all crumb ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400*F for about 20 minutes, until the tops spring back and a toothpick tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans before removing; cool slightly.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve warm or cool.