Remember those big-as-your-face, tender-crumbly, buttery sweet bakery cookies studded with chocolate chips? This recipe gets pretty close. Feel free to substitute sprinkles (or jimmies) or colored sugar for the chips. Adapted from http://bit.ly/1bN476p by Yvonne Ruperti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft (6 ounces, 1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (3 1/2 ounces by weight)
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (7 1/2 ounces by weight)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (1 ounce by weight)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip (I used a lot more, almost 6 ounces)
- 1Your butter needs to be REALLY soft - at least 3 hours at room temperature. Beat the butter with the sugar, salt and vanilla until creamy-smooth.
- 2Whisk or sift the flour and cornstarch to combine. Add to butter by thirds, stirring until completely combined.
- 3Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a log 2-3" wide and 8-9" long. Wrap tightly, and roll the plastic on the counter to form a tight, compact shape. Freeze until mostly firm, 20-30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Pour chocolate chips onto a plate. Slice firm cookie dough into 1/4" slices. Press one side of each slice into chips and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, chocolate chips facing up. Leave 2" between cookies (they will spread).
- 6Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes, until the edges are just beginning to brown. Cool on pan 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack until completely cooled.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakery Shortbread With Chocolate Chips
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.7
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g