Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a rich, but not overly sweet, frosting often favored by bakery shops because of its durability. It holds its shape (seemingly forever) and freezes well. It is very fluffy, good for filling in cracks and uneven spaces and for covering large areas on a cake.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temperature) or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Place flour in a saucepan. Slowly add creamer and water, stirring to eliminate lumps. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool in the refrigerator about 1 hour.
- In mixer bowl combine sugar, margarine and vanilla. Beat at high speed at least 10 minutes. Gradually add the cooled flour mixture and beat until fluffy. Yield: 3 cups.
- Hitech Cooking.
Love this frosting, I use French Vanilla creamer and get lots of great comments.
This was the recipe I've been looking for. It had the taste and texture I wanted.I went exactly by the recipe and it turned out perfectly.