Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the best I've ever had. A friend shared the recipe with me and she swears the secret is hand mixing. So even if you are tempted, put that electric tool down!
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- vanilla (i dump)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml flour
- 177.44 ml oats
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- mix first four ingredients until combined, MIX BY HAND (its the trick to this recipe!). add the dry ingredients, then the oats, then the chocolate chips, mixing each time.
- refrigerate dough for taller/chunkier cookies for 1 hr or more. drop them on a greased pan in Tablespoonfuls.
- 350 for 10 mins (i usually find that 12 is good- though recipe said 10. it's a little too gooey for me. just start checking them after 10.
Holy cow! Cookie this easy (no mixer!) can taste this good? I love these cookies!!!! Easy and delicious. I made 2 dozen and 2 cookies. Can't wait to share these at a potluck tonight. Thanks! Made for the Internationl Agents of QUEST for Culinary Quest.
Delicious cookie! I used gluten free flour and reduced the sugar (personal preference, I do that with all sweet recipes), and they turned out melt-in-your-mouth. DH immediately said "5 stars!!" which he doesn't do too often. Thanks for sharing this yummy cookie!
Wonderful, easy recipe!!! I reduced the baking time by a minute or two but other than that they came out great!!! Thank you so much!