Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This butter can be used as a fat replacement in chocolate cakes and brownies. Its dark color makes it most suitable for darker-colored baking.
- Pour boiling water over tea bags and steep for 5 minutes, discard bags.
- Combine tea and prunes in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 5 minutes or until prunes are softened.
- Remove from heat and puree mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- Return prune mixture to saucepan, add sugar and lemon rind, and boil gently, uncovered for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir into vanilla.