1/1 Photo of Baker's Original German Sweet Chocolate Cake
Nana Lee's Note:
From Razzle Dazzle recipe site. For Zaar World Tour II.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 ounce) package baker's German sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1Coconut-Pecan frosting (recipe follows).
- 2Oven at 350ºF.
- 3Melt chocolate in water, cool.
- 4Cream butter and sugar.
- 5Beat in egg yolks.
- 6Stir in vanilla and chocolate.
- 7Mix flour, soda, and salt.
- 8Beat in flour mixture, alternately with buttermilk.
- 9Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 10Pour batter into three 9-inch layer pans, lined on bottoms with waxed paper.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes or until cake springs bake when lightly pressed in center.
- 12Cool 15 minutes; remove and cool on rack.
- 13Frost cake.
- 14COCONUT-PECAN FROSTING.
- 15Combine evaporated milk, sugar, slightly beaten egg yolks, butter or margarine and vanilla in saucepan.
- 16Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 17Stir in shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- 18Cool until thick enough to spread.
- 19Makes 4-1/4 cups.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baker's Original German Sweet Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1278.4
- Calories from Fat 690
- Total Fat 76.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.8 g
- Cholesterol 321.8 mg
- Sodium 773.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 140.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 107.5 g
- Protein 15.3 g