Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Baker's chocolate.
- 6 squares semisweet baking chocolate
- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 325*.
- Microwave both chocolates and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high 1 1/2-2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture until blended. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in nuts. (Dough will be soft).
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 1 1/2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until set. Do not overbake.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight container.