1/2 Photos of Baker's Creme
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Nice. Based on a recipe from the June 1988 issue of Bon Appetit, the R.S.V.P section. It hails from The Falls Terrace restaurant in Tumwater, Washington. It says it can be easily halved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring cream to simmer in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Using electric mixer, beat yolks and sugar in large bowl until pale yellow and slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted.
- 4Gradually beat in hot cream.
- 5Stir in vanilla.
- 6Pour custard into ten 6-ounce custard cups. Arrange cups in large baking pan. Add enough warm water to pan to come 1/2" up sides of cups.
- 7Bake until centers are just set, about 45 minutes.
- 8Remove cups from water.
- 9Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- 10(Can be prepared up to one day ahead.).
- 11Preheat broiler.
- 12Press enough brown sugar through sieve over custards to lightly cover.
- 13Broil in batches until sugar caramelizes, about one minute.
- 14Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least one, and up to, two hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baker's Creme
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.0
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 340.2 mg
- Sodium 44.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g