Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 lb pecan halves
- 1 bag caramel
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- to taste non-pareils
- Place softened cream cheese and butter in a bowl.
- Gradually add flour to form a dough.
- Chill dough in refrigerator.
- Roll out and cut with a 2" circle cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place 1/2 pecan onto each circle. Place an unwrapped caramel on top of each pecan.
- Return cookies to oven and watch closely.
- Remove from oven when caramels have melted.
- Lightly flatten caramels with a buttered knife. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Stir chips and spread on top of each melted caramel.
- Sprinkle non-pareils on top of warm melted chocolate.