Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 cups BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts (, can be added to the batter)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together oil, sugar and eggs; stir in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into mixture just to moisten.
- Spoon into 24 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 15- 20 minutes.
Wow! These banana muffins are chocolaty and flavourful! So easy to make and I love that they use up a lot of bananas. I made the recipe as stated except I omitted the nuts and I ended up with 18 regularly sized muffins. 2 cups of chocolate chips seemed like a lot to me, too much (I know, it seems unlikely) but my son loved all the chocolate. I'll still reduce the chips next time to 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 cups. Wonderful muffins and thank you, RecipeNut!