I got this from an old Baker's cookbook. It's actually similar to a revel bar. Really good warm and fudgy!
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt caramels and evaporated milk on low hear or microwave on MEDIUM power for 5 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press half of mixture into an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts evenly over baked crust.
- Pour caramel mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer, or until golden. Cool; cut into bars.
I made these bars a few days ago. I think they are really delicious and easy to make. I used the butter, skipped the nuts and baked them for 20 minutes. They were good right out of the oven but even better the next day. Thanks for sharing.
As much as I love chocolate, I just feel these had to much chocolate and not enough caramel. I think I'll make them again using about half the chocolate chips, will probably leave the caramel as is as I think cutting back on the other will allow the flavor of the caramel and the rest of the ingredients to come out. Otherwise easy to follow and is a nice bar cookie.