1/2 Photos of Baker, Baker
This came from the Good Eats Tv program with Alton Brown. Posting so I won't forget this wonderful recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients in a bowl with cold butter.
- 2Mix with hands until mixture forms small clumps and appears sandy.
- 4Cut a small layer off the bottom of the apples to create a level surface.
- 5Cut a cone out of the top of the apple, removing about an inch of the core and discard the top (this is similar to cutting the top of a pumpkin).
- 6With a melon baller, remove the remaining core and seeds but do not puncture the base.
- 7Place the apples in a pie dish, making sure the apples do not touch.
- 8Fill each apple with a teaspoon of honey.
- 9Spoon in oat mixture, packing lightly until overflowing slightly.
- 10Bake in the oven at 350°F on the middle or top rack for 40 minutes or until a knife can stick in the side of the apple with little effort.
- 11Let stand ten minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baker, Baker
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.0
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 55.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 60.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g