Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
If you like the flavor of almonds, you will like these cookies. I got the recipe from the jar of Baker Almond Dessert Filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (10 ounce) jar almond filling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in almond extract and almond filling until well blended. Make sure you use almond filling and not almond paste.
- Stir in flour with wooden spoon to make a stiff dough.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until dough is no longer sticky.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Dust hands with flour and shape teaspoonfuls of dough into small cresent shapes about 2-1/2" long. Place on ungreased baking sheets about 1-1/2" apart.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets about 1 minute. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a rack.
- Dust with confectioners sugar while cookies are still warm.
- Time to prepare includes refrigerator time.