1/1 Photo of Baked Zucchini With Mushrooms
1 hr 5 mins
This comes from a Sunset cookbook compilation, in the section titled "Low Fat Italian." I made this when my wonderful vegetarian nephew came for dinner, and we all thought it was heavenly. It's a little bit like an oven-baked frittata. I used a mix of zucchini and yellow summer squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, combine mushrooms, chopped onions and 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until liquid has evaporated and vegetables are beginning to brown.
- 2To deglaze, add 1/3 cup of the vegetable broth and stir to scrape any browned bits free from pan bottom.
- 3Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to brown again.
- 4Repeat deglazing and browning steps 2 more times, using 1/3 cup broth each time. Onion should be golden brown.
- 5This should take about 15 to 20 minutes total.
- 6Remove pan from heat.
- 7In a large bowl, beat eggs to blend. Stir in shredded zucchini, mushroom mixture, bread crumbs, cheese, pepper and oregano.
- 8Turn into greased 9x13" baking dish, spreading out evenly.
- 9Bake uncovered at 350 until casserole appears set in center when dish is gently shaken -- about 35 minutes.
- 10Let stand 5 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Zucchini With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 140.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: