Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very simple and flavourful zucchini side dish. Roma tomatoes are my personal preference, but use whatever type is fragrant and in season. I prefer kosher salt - I find it brings out the freshness of the tomatoes - but any salt will do. Herbed salt is also wonderful in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 or 400 (if your oven is powerful, use lower temp).
- Chop zucchini, tomatoes and onion into roughly equal-sized pieces (about 1 1/2 inches).
- Mince garlic.
- Place veggies and garlic in a casserole dish that holds most of the veggies in a single layer, still touching.
- Add olive oil and salt, and toss to coat.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until al dente. The zucchini should be just fork-tender, and the tomatoes will be soft and have given off some juice.
- Serve immediately.