Recipe by lazyme
A simple side dish from the American Diabetes Association. We hope to try this soon.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Great side dish for a busy family! So simple to throw it together. The hint of nutmeg with the mustard was a real twist for us and the kids did not enjoy it as much as the adults. Mine finished in the oven in about 30 minutes as I did not want it to get too browned. Nice side dish that easily can go with almost any main dish a family would serve - love that versatility! Thanks LM for another great recipe!
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat swiss cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the zucchini in a colander or on towels to drain off the moisture.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the zucchini and mix well.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 1/3 recipe - 72 calories, 1/2 med-fat meat exchange, 1 vegetable 3 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams protein, 5 grams fat 68 mg sodium, 128 mg potassium, 100 mg cholesterol.