Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple side dish from the American Diabetes Association. We hope to try this soon.
Make and share this Baked Zucchini With Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat swiss cheese, grated
- Put the zucchini in a colander or on towels to drain off the moisture.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the zucchini and mix well.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 1/3 recipe - 72 calories, 1/2 med-fat meat exchange, 1 vegetable 3 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams protein, 5 grams fat 68 mg sodium, 128 mg potassium, 100 mg cholesterol.
Great side dish for a busy family! So simple to throw it together. The hint of nutmeg with the mustard was a real twist for us and the kids did not enjoy it as much as the adults. Mine finished in the oven in about 30 minutes as I did not want it to get too browned. Nice side dish that easily can go with almost any main dish a family would serve - love that versatility! Thanks LM for another great recipe!
I had to slap myself to realize this is a low fat, low cal dish! All the taste of high calorie, with none of the fat and calories.....a real winner for me! Warning.....I did have to make myself stick to one serving....it is so good. Made for Zaar Stars. Thanks for sharing!
Really like this one! It%u2019s got good flavor. Liked that it calls for drying the zucchini with out added salt and that it be made hart healthy using Egg Beaters of the egg. We also liked that the zucchini was the star of the recipe not the egg. Will make again. Thanks for the post.