Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A easy tasty casserole the recipe comes from The Gourmet Connection.
Make and share this Baked Zucchini With Cheddar Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 whole egg
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place the sliced zucchini into a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.
This couldn't get much easier! I liked that there was no precooking of the zucchini, so it did not get soggy. I also liked that it was not heavy or drenched in cheese. I added extra green onions and dijon, but next time I'd still add some more. I would probably add some rosemary or oregano next time just to pick up some more flavor. Thanx!
I made this using grated swiss cheese and it was delicious. Thanks for posting.
DH and I liked this zucchini side dish and will make it again. Did add some seasalt.