Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Gina's Skinny Recipes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/baked-zucchini-sticks-13-pts.html
Make and share this Baked Zucchini Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian cheese blend
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Slice zucchini into pieces, about 1/2" wide and 3-4" long.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top. Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
finer breadcrumbs are best for this. panko are too coarse. if you dredge in flour before the egg dip the coating sticks better. thinner strips get crispier, which is good. serve with "zoo dip" (mix half sour cream, half ranch dressing) i had to double the breading but this was a big zucchini. double was exactly the right amount. no need to double the egg. for less goopy hands remember: one hand wet, one hand dry. this was very good! thanks!
What a great idea! Very nice and very easy to prepare. Definitely something I'll do again, I served these with pasta and spaghetti sauce, and they were really good! Thank you kerfuffle, made for Spring PAC 2012
These were really good! I needed to cook them a little longer to get them crispy, but they were a great starter. I served them with remoulade for dipping.