Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
a simple zucchini dish , ready in 45 minutes.
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups cheese cracker crumbs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, cheese, eggs, and seasoning and mix well.
- Spoon into buttered 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
This is a great way to enjoy zucchini! Simple spicing but really pulled in a lot of flavor. I used lowfat cheese crackers, and only about 1/4 of what was called for, and for us the topping was perfect and we saved a few calories ;) Really loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a wonderful way to do something different with zucchini. I used fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder and inly used 1 cup of crushed cheese crackers (that seemed like enough). It stays together sort of like a moist custard. The monterey jack cheese goes very well with the zucchini. Thanx!
We loved the flavour combination in this dish. I used Cavenders Greek seasoning in place of the salt and pepper and I used "Mini Cheddars" cheese crackers. The eggs sank to the bottom and the zucchini rose to the top but that's no big deal. Thanks for a lovely recipe!