Prep 45 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, 1/2 cup
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease two 10-oz. custard cups or individual baking dishes.
- In 8-inch skillet over medium low heat, sauté zucchini, onion, red pepper and garlic in margarine until tender; let cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and seasonings until combined.
- Stir in zucchini mixture. Pour into prepared custard cups or baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 14 to 17 minutes or until top is puffy and light golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
i enjoyed this, though I did make changes, I used whole eggs and also added more vegetables and lesser cheese. this will be made again in different avatars! thanks!
A great dish, loved it. Your 2oz. cheddar cheese is only 1/4 cup, not 1/2 cup. Great taste.