Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious, quick and healthy way to use zucchini! I have also used yellow squash instead. This is also great cooked on the George Foreman. I heat mine to 450 deg and cook about 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the egg whites in a separate bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
I used Panko for the bread crumbs because it was so quick. 5 minutes on side, 7 minutes on the other. A great way to use up a zucchini!
I used Italian herb bread crumbs & extra parm. Oh man, so good. Didn't flip the zucchini & one side was more crunchy; think I'll try this with summer squash since they are larger & will be easier to flip over mid baking.
Good and easy. Will add a little dried parsley next time. Thanks for the recipe.