Recipe by Julesong
These stuffed zucchini halves are a nice addition to dinner, and go over well even with kids!
Top Review by Manuela Curran
I tried this recipe yesterday for our American Legion picnic and it was a big hit. Everybody enjoyed it. I had some left over. It was very good. Thanks for having it on the site.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 onion, yellow, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (store bought is fine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Saute the ground beef, onion, garlic, dill, and parsley in olive oil.
- Remove from heat and add the cooked rice, beaten egg, 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs and mix well.
- Fill the hollowed-out zucchini with mixture and place in a lightly pan-sprayed baking dish.
- Cover with spaghetti sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and the remaining bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes, until zucchini is tender but firm.