Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These zucchini balls can be served as a side dish or appetizer. I suggest serving them with your favorite sauce, such as ketchup, mayo, ranch dressing, or aioli sauce. For more healthy gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
- 10 ounces zucchini
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh herbs such as basil, oregano or 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- olive oil, for coating the pan
- Grate the zucchini using a grater or food processor.
- Place the grated zucchini in a bowl, add a little bit of salt and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the water from the zucchini as much as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C degrees. Line an oven tray with aluminum foil and spray some oil.
- Add Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg, herb, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Form the mixture into small balls.
- Coat the balls with flour and dust off excess flour.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- (Optional) Broil a few minutes to brown the balls. Be careful not to burn the balls.
- Infuse love and serve immediately with your favorite sauce.