Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from August 1987 Gourmet Magazine. Tasty. I like it as it uses flour rather than bread, croutons or crumbs.
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, minced (large)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I use canola)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine zucchini, onion and bacon.
- Gently stir in cheese, flour, eggs, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Turn into a well buttered 10x6x2 or equivalent baking pan. Instead I use silpat.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.