Recipe by Hey Jude
Good side dish, great way to use end of the season glut of zucchini.
Top Review by Kree
This dish has a subtle and delicious flavor that really lets the zucchini shine through! I had to use margarine and soy parmesan, and I also realized I was out of garlic salt so I just used garlic powder and salt. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly and it was simple to make and came out great. I can't wait until fresh zucchini are in season. I plan on making this frequently!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°; lightly butter a medium sized baking dish.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Boil gently in salted water barely covering it, with the onion, for 7-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain in a colander.
- Add the butter, poppy seeds, and seasonings; mix together, and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle all over with Parmesan cheese; bake uncovered for 30 minutes.