Recipe by Lauri the cooker
I run out of ideas for side dishes to make with the main meal and it gets old making the same thing time after time. One day I had zucchini in my fridge and I thought maybe I can make something simple with this.
- 2 -3 large zucchini
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves, your choice of either fresh garlic or 3 -4 from the jars
- frozen corn (optional)
- muenster cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the zucchini into circles, not to thin. Slice the tomatos in thin slices as well as the onions. If you are using fresh garlic, mince the garlic and put aside.
- In a large baking dish rub the bottom of the baking dish with the butter. Spread some of the zucchini along the bottom of the baking dish and sprinkle some salt on top. Then add some of the tomato, garlic and onions. (remember corn is optional). Then sprinkle some more salt and pepper on top.
- Repeat the second step for an additional layer. When the second layer is done, cut the stick butter into square and place a few on top of the zucchini dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes uncover and bake for an addition 10 to 15 minutes or until the veggies brown (looks a little toasty).
- When it is done baking spread some of the grated cheese on top and let melt. Enjoy!