Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love zucchini. I also love having lots of different ways to prepare it. This is a simple one.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- Slice zucchini in 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss with melted butter and oregano.
- Arrange in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I added some garlic powder and garlic salt to this recipe, and it was absolutely divine (not to mention easy). I ate a whole pan by myself in 2 minutes! This will be a frequent dish in my kitchen.
We doubled the recipe..thinking I was going to have some left over for 2 of us. Was I wrong. These were fantastic and really easy. Note to self: you can make these ahead of time but tossing the zucchini into a bag and leaving until ready to dump on the cookie sheet. It worked great! Thanks for my new summer recipe for all that zucchini I plan on picking up on sale :)
This was fabulous! I don't follow directions well, but I melted a chunk of margarine in a bowl, added garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil, and stirred in my zucchini coins little by little before throwing them in my ungreased Pyrex. It was delicious - I made a HUGE batch, and I'm glad! My mother, who won't eat anything that looks like it might have a veggie in it, went for thirds!!! My 12 month old loved it, too, and so did the pickiest one of all (ME!). Thanks for this recipe - I'll definitely be making it again and again!