Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A tasty way to sneak extra veggies into your meal.
Make and share this Baked Ziti With Veggies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 quart stewed tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked
- 6 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- brown ground beef and onion. When cooked through, drain fat. Add minced garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add wine and reduce a few minutes. Stir in tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, and spices (through bay leaves). Simmer 30 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly.
- In a separate pan, lightly saute zucchini and mushrooms in butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Veggies should still be somewhat firm.
- In a large bowl, mix veggies, pasta, half of meat sauce, cottage cheese and Parmesan. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Top with remaining meat sauce and Mozzarella.
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.