Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the same as the Baked Ziti recipe (92292) but with turkey instead of beef.
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 29 ounces pasta sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Boil pasta.
- Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain and remove from heat.
- Add ricotta, parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, pepper, and half of sauce to meat and mix well.
- Add ziti and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Great recipe. I make it 1/2 at a time since I'm just cooking for 1 person (with leftovers!) I also added fresh basil and canned mushrooms for variety!
I love this recipe it's super easy. I've made it about 5 times now and just keep the ingredients in bulk and make about once a week and have plenty of left overs. I joined this site just to write this review; it's that good. Only recommendation is to season the turkey before hand I'm not sure if that's mentioned. Thank you!
i made it even more low fat by using low fat cottage cheese and egg beaters. this is easy and delicious. thanks 751028