1/1 Photo of Baked Ziti With Four Cheeses
I love macaroni and cheese. This version is terrific, with a crusty-cheesy layer on top and creamy-cheesy baked pasta in the middle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over moderately-low heat, stir in flour and cook 3 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and whisk in hot milk.
- 3Return pan to heat, bring to a boil, whisking, for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in nutmeg, ¾ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of pepper.
- 5In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the Gruyere, ½ cup of the Fontina and ½ cup of the Parmesan; whisk cheese into the sauce, ½ cup at a time, until cheese is melted.
- 6Season to taste.
- 7Preheat oven to 390 degrees F.
- 8Boil ziti until al dente.
- 9Drain well and turn into a buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch pyrex baking dish.
- 10Season with remaining ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- 11Pour sauce over and combine.
- 12Sprinkle remaining ½ cup Gruyere, ½ cup Parmesan, 1 ½ cups Fontina and all of the mozzarella.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ziti With Four Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.7
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 1044.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 34.8 g