1 hr 5 mins
In 'Williams-Sonoma One Pot of the Day'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the bread crumbs and stir and toss to coat evenly; set aside.
- 3In a heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter over low heat.
- 4Add the flour and cook, whisking, until a smooth paste forms, about 4 minutes.
- 5Slowly whisk in the hot milk and cook, stirring often, until the sauce is smooth and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- 6Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grindings of pepper.
- 7Add the gruyere cheese and stir until melted, about 2 minutes.
- 8Stir in the parmesan, remove from the heat, and cover to keep warm.
- 9Preheat the broiler; position a rack 8 inches from the heat source.
- 10Bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil.
- 11Add the pasta and cauliflower and stir well.
- 12Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, according to package directions.
- 13Drain the pasta and cauliflower and return to the pot.
- 14Add the cheese sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- 15Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 16Transfer to a baking dish.
- 17Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs.
- 18Broil until the surface is bubbling and golden, about 5 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ziti With Cauliflower and Gruyere
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 305.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 28.1 g