Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy casserole with lots of tomato taste, tender pasta, and of course CHEESE. Makes plenty to serve company, and kids love it.
- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce (prefer Prego's Tomato, Onion & Garlic)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 6 ounces water
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄8 cup parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook ziti according to package directions.
- In lasagna pan, pour enough of the spaghetti sauce to cover bottom.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT parmesan and about 1/3 cup of mozzarella. Add cooked ziti and stir to coat well.
- Pour pasta mixture into prepared lasagna pan. Sprinkle reserved cheeses over top.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove cover and brown cheese for 10 minutes more.
Just realized I never rated this. I made this now a few time, and looking to make again. My 2nd time I made the sauce, and froze it to see how it worked out. I combine all ingredients like stated making a smaller bag for cheese on top. I tape the bag to the bigger bag w/ sauce on it. Worked perfect!! All I do the day I make it is to take out of freezer,,and make pasta. Doesn't get dried out,,and I know that I don't need any more last minute things for a dinner. 1/8th of a cup of parsely is 2 tablespoons. Everyone loves this. Served at a party twice now,,,, It's a keeper,,,,Thank you!!!
Made this recipe for a lenten meatless meal and it was delicious. Enjoyed by all of the children as well as the adults.