Recipe by spatchcock
A thread in EE on everyone's best "easy" meals made me realize that I don't have enough meals like that for nights when I'm tired! I tend to make some pasta noodles and dump jarred sauce on top. Here's one I might try instead, from http://www.quickneasyrecipes.com/!
Top Review by Fauve
What a nice surprise that so little effort can yield such a delicious meal. I think I may have added a bit more mozarella than was called for, but besides that I followed the recipe to the letter. This is not just a great "lazy day" meal plan, but good enough for company as well!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, uncooked (2 cups)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded skim-milk mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cups meatless sauce (homemade or commercial brand)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray rectangle baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of the sauce, with the basil, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Add in cooked, drained ziti, and mix well.
- Spoon pasta mixture into casserole dish.
- Spread remaining sauce over top of the casserole, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and cover and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake an additional 15 minutes.