Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a standard baked ziti recipe that is inexpensive and easy for weeknights. Add a nice ceasar or green salad and dinner is done. YAY!
- 6 cups dried ziti pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped very fine
- 2 garlic cloves (like garlic so I use 3)
- 26 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook meat, onion, and garlic until meat is cooked thoroughly and drain.
- In large bowl, stir together meat mixture, pasta, spaghetti sauce, wine, and seasoning.
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Easy and quick to assemble. Not sure what it was about this, but it was only ok. The red wine was a nice touch and really added a nice flavour. It seemed a bit bland and like something was missing, but I'm not sure what.
This ziti was awesome! I added extra cheese because we love ours gooey. My family enjoyed it very much and requested it to be made again soon! Thanks for sharing!
This was very easy to put together and was very good!!! I used penne pasta and becuase I didnt have mozzarella I used pizza cheese a combo of cheddar and mozzarella. I love the addition of the wine in this recipe just makes it much better. Thanks for posting!!!