I found this recipe on the AimeesAdventures.com while doing Weight Watchers. Though I no longer follow Weight Watchers I still use this recipe often. This is a terrific quick, low-fat, meatless recipe.
- Cook the Zitti according to the package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir 1/2 of the sauce into the cooked noodles.
- Spoon 1/2 of the noodles into an 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg white, cottage cheese, basil, parsley and 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese.
- Spoon the cheese mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Top with remaining noodles and pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add mozzarella cheese and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Allow the dish to sit 5 minutes before serving.
Made this for dinner last night and what a tasty dish. I did saute up some onions and garlic and added it to a jar of marinara sauce but otherwise followed the instructions. Definately will make this again. Served with a green salad with a French-Italian Salad Dressing Mix#94469 which made for a wonderful dinner. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
I used a jar of marinara sauce. This casserole is so yummy. Even my son liked it. Thanks Johnsdeere :) Made for PAC Fall 2012