Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My Italian grandmother's recipe. You can use jarred sauce, or make your own. Either way, it's delicioso! Serve with a tossed salad and fresh Italian bread.
- Boil pasta.
- Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain and remove from heat.
- Add ricotta, parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, pepper, and half of sauce to meat and mix well.
- Add ziti and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Made this without the meat for a work function and it was a hit! We have a couple vegetarians, so skipped the ground beef and it was still amazing! Definite keeper!
Very easy to make and tasted really good. I like pasta with a lot of sauce, so to me this was kind of dry. I ended up adding extra sauce to each bowl when I served it.
I made two pans of this for my husband's evening meeting. The men absolutely loved it! I used the small tube pasta by Barilla. I think next time though, and this is strictly personal preference, I will cut the pasta in half and maybe use more sauce. I used a 32 ounce jar of sauce and it still seemed a bit dry to me. However, it was still quite good and the men thought they died and went to heaven!! Tootyflooty, thank you for the great recipe!