Recipe by tootyflooty
My Italian grandmother's recipe. You can use jarred sauce, or make your own. Either way, it's delicioso! Serve with a tossed salad and fresh Italian bread.
- 1 lb ziti pasta, dry
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 29 ounces pasta sauce (jarred, or homemade)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta.
- Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain and remove from heat.
- Add ricotta, parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, pepper, and half of sauce to meat and mix well.
- Add ziti and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.