Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from AimeesAdventures.com....spunds yummy Per Serving: 278 Calories; 3g Fat (8.3% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 1009mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Fat. WWP: 5
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese, style grated topping
- 1 (26 ounce) canhunt's four cheese pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- Cook the Ziti according to the package directions. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir 1/2 of the sauce into the noodles.
- Spoon 1/2 of the noodles into an 8X8 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the egg white, cottage cheese, basil, parsley and 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese. Spoon the cheese mixture evenly over the noodles. Top with the remaining noodles and pour the rest of the sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan Cheese. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Add mozzarella cheese and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
I really enjoyed this and so did all the others that aren't counting points. Thanks so much for sharing! Filling and tasty!!
This is a great, easy recipe & I appreciate that it's meatless! I used whole wheat mini penne, added oregano & a little italian seasoning into the cottage cheese mix (I like strong flavors), I also used WW mozz cheese & normal parmesan cheese as that was all I had. I accidentally layered ALL the noodles on the bottom of the dish but it seemed to work fine! I baked this in my toaster oven (since I reduced th recipe for 1 person) so baking time was a little shorter for me. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!!!