Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A great, easy pasta bake. Can be made ahead and frozen until ready to bake. I use this a lot for potlucks and weekday family meals. I usually make them in a big throw-away lasagna pan so clean up's a snap too! From the back of a San Giorgio pasta box.
- 1419.54 ml uncooked ziti pasta
- 828.06 ml spaghetti sauce, divided
- 473.18 ml ricotta cheese
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook ziti for 10 minutes in a large pot of boiling, salted water; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked ziti, 1 1/2 c of spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, egg, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a 3 quart casserole dish, pour 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce to coat the bottom of the dish.
- Spread ziti mixture evenly over the sauce.
- Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (you can cover and freeze for later at this point).
- Bake covered at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes fresh, or around 1 hour if frozen, until hot and bubbly, and hot in the center.
- Note: you may add 1 lb of cooked and drained ground beef in with the ziti mixture if you would like. You will need to add a little more sauce to the mixture if you add ground beef.
I will definitely make this again, but will reduce the pasta amount by 25% and increase the cheese. We thought it was a tad dry. I made as posted, froze in portions, and baked from frozen as directed. Worked perfectly! Easy to make. Thanks for sharing with us. Made for Spring PAC 2013.