Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
another ground beef recipe.
- 12 ounces ziti pasta or 12 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided (10 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- cooking pasta according to package directions.
- meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- stir in spaghetti sauce.
- in a bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 1/2cups mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- drain pasta.
- add to cheese mixture.
- toss to coat.
- spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- top with half of the pasta mixture.
- repeat layers.
- top with remaining meat sauce.
- bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- let stand 15 minutes before serving.