Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Definitely not a diet friendly dish, but it feeds a large family and has them coming back for seconds and thirds.
- 2 lbs ziti pasta or 2 lbs penne
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Boil penne/ziti for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix ricotta, sour cream, and egg until smooth.
- Begin layering in large baking dish (10x15x2) in the following order: 1/2 pasta, all of provolone in a single layer, all of ricotta mixture,1/2 sauce, rest of pasta, all of mozzarella, rest of sauce, Parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
My family loved this recipe!! Even my 10 year old who doesn't like anything was asking for seconds. I made no changes to the recipe, it was easy to make.