Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
No boiling the pasta---just mix everything together and bake! This recipe is from "Pop It, Stir It, Fix It, Serve It," by the author of "The Can Opener Gourmet," Laura Karr.
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) containersour sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded real parmesan cheese (not the powdered kind)
- 16 ounces ziti pasta (or other tube pasta, such as small macaroni)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce with the sour cream.
- Stir in the broth.
- Add 1/2 cup of mozzarella or Jack cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the pasta and blend well. Pour into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, uncover (carefully - watch out for very hot steam), and sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- Return the dish to the oven without a cover and bake for 10 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
My husband and I loved this! I was out of Mozerella, so I substituted cheddar and it still tasted yummy. The only problem I had was in reheating the leftovers. I nuked part of what we had remaining and that dried it out. I then took the rest and heated that in a saucepan with a little V-8 and that helped restore some of the nice creamy texture that made it so wonderful right out of the oven. Maybe the substitution of cheeses was the problem. Nevertheless, I will make this again. We may just have to eat the whole pan the first night!
This has loads of yummy flavor. I threw it together after work, put it in the oven, ran to a t-ball game & came home to a delicious dinner. I don't have any tips other than follow the recipe as written; it works!
This was soooo yummy. I litterally just finished eating this. My whole family had nothing but good things to say about it. 2 thumbs up!