Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
An all-in-one casserole.
- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, julienned (green or red)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook the ziti and carrots together for about 6 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Pour into the baking dish along with the pepper, onion, zucchini, and 1 cup cheese.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk until you have a smooth paste.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly.
- Turn the heat to low and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta and vegetables.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.